What is the Password for TDS Form 16?
How to decode the Password for Form 16?
Many times, it happens that a lot from us gets stuck while opening the PDF downloaded/received from the various government sites such as site of the Income Tax Department or TDS site. These sites contain documents which are password protected. There are different types of passwords to open the PDF downloaded / received from such various sites. In this article we are going to be talking about how to decode / know the password for Form 16 for TDS certificate to file Income Tax Return.
Table of Content
What is form 16?
- Form 16 is a kind of an acknowledgement receipt that states that the tax that has been deducted from your salary and the same has been deposited with the Income Tax Department.
- Form 16 is a form of a certificate, where the employer is certifying details regarding the salary you have earned during the whole year.
- It also shows that how much TDS has been deducted.
- It must be issued to the employees on 15th of every month.
- Form 16 is divided in two parts i.e.Part A and Part B.
- Part A of Form 16 contains the details of employer and employee, like name and address, details of PAN and TAN, the term of the employment, also the amount of TDS deducted and deposited with the government.
- While Part B of Form 16 specifies the details of the salary paid, other incomes, deductions allowed, tax payable etc.
How to get Form 16 from the employer?
- To obtain Form 16 as an employee, one can ask for the same from your employer.
- The employee can not download the form 16 on his own.
- While in case if an employee is not currently working under the employer, he / she still can ask for Form 16 for the purpose of filing the Income tax Return of the respective financial year.
What is the password for Form 16?
- Form 16 is a TDS certificate which is always password protected.
- The password for the Form 16 would be the first 5 characters of the PAN number in uppercase i.e. capital letters and Date of Birth of the employee in DDMMYYYY format.
- That means if your PAN number is AUGPA0789Z and the date of birth is 13th January, 1997, then your password for Form 16 would be AUGPA13011997.
Form 16 is important as this form helps the taxpayers in filing their return smoothly. Form 16 also helps in verifying the income details and also the rate at which the TDS has been deducted. To avoid any sort of inconstancy when it comes to filing taxes, it is mandatory for the taxpayers to find out details about Form 16 and other Forms and use them accordingly.
Suggested Read: How to get errors corrected in Form 26AS?
File your TDS return now with Ebizfiling at affordable prices
About Ebizfiling -
I am very happy with the way they serve their clients. They are focused on providing the best help that they can and are result oriented.
I’ve received great support even during these times of distress. Thank you so much, and a special shout to Nilesh who has been extremely supportive.
I registered my LLP company, from eBizfilling. Great team and very competitive pricing. Will definitely use their services again.Thanks for work well done.