What is the Password for TDS Form 16?
How to decode the Password for Form 16?
Many times, it happens that a lot of us get stuck while opening the PDF downloaded/received from the various government sites such as site of the Income Tax Department or TDS site. These sites contain documents that are password protected. There are different types of passwords to open the PDF downloaded/received from various sites. In this article, we are going to be talking about how to decode/know the password for Form 16 for the TDS certificate to file Income Tax returns.
Table of Content
What is form 16?
- Form 16 is a kind of an acknowledgment receipt that states that the tax that has been deducted from your salary and the same has been deposited with the Income Tax Department.
- Form 16 is a form of a certificate, where the employer is certifying details regarding the salary you have earned during the whole year.
- It also shows how much TDS has been deducted.
- It must be issued to the employees on the 15th of every month.
- Form 16 is divided into two parts i.e.Part A and Part B.
- Part A of Form 16 contains the details of employer and employee, like name and address, details of PAN and TAN, the term of the employment, also the number of TDS deducted and deposited with the government.
- While Part B of Form 16 specifies the details of the salary paid, other incomes, deductions allowed, tax payable, etc.
How to get Form 16 from the employer?
- To obtain Form 16 as an employee, one can ask for the same from your employer.
- The employee can not download form 16 on his own.
- While in case if an employee is not currently working under the employer, he/she still can ask for Form 16 for the purpose of filing the Income-tax return of the respective financial year.
What is the password for Form 16?
- Form 16 is a TDS certificate that is always password protected.
- The password for the Form 16 would be the first 5 characters of the PAN number in uppercase i.e. capital letters and Date of Birth of the employee in DDMMYYYY format.
- That means if your PAN number is AUFSI0789Z and the date of birth is 4th April 1990, then your password for Form 16 would be AUFSI04041990.
Suggested Read: How to get errors corrected in Form 26AS?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. For which period Form 16A is issued?
Every quarterly Form 16A is been generated, and the due date for Form 16A is every 15th of the month.
2. Is it necessary to file Form 16 with ITR?
Form 16 is one of the most necessary documents for a salaried individuals to file their income tax return. As Form 16 contains information about the salary earned, house property, other sources of income, deductions, and tax paid or deducted, it is important to read it carefully. It is critical to have your Form 16 on hand before filing your tax return. If you do not have it, you can still complete your income tax return, but you will have to fill in all of the information on the form manually.
3. What are the benefits of Form 16 and Form 16A?
The data of TDS and income will help taxpayers at the time of filing for income tax returns and for calculating tax for the income.
4. Is there a deadline for submitting Form 16?
On or before the 15th June of the year immediately following the Financial Year in which income tax is deducted, Form 16 is issued to an employee once a year.
5. What is the password for Form 16B (TDS certificate for the purchase of property)?
- Form 16B- TDS certificate is always password protected.
- The password for Form 16B would be the Date of Birth of the buyer in DDMMYYYY format.
- That means if the Date of Birth of the buyer is 13th January 1997, then your password for Form 16B 13011997.
Form 16 is important as this form helps the taxpayers in filing their returns smoothly. Form 16 also helps in verifying the income details and also the rate at which the TDS has been deducted. To avoid any sort of inconstancy when it comes to filing taxes, it is mandatory for the taxpayers to find out details about Form 16 and other Forms and use them accordingly.
File your TDS return now with Ebizfiling at affordable prices
About Ebizfiling -
I am very happy with the way they serve their clients. They are focused on providing the best help that they can and are result oriented.
I’ve received great support even during these times of distress. Thank you so much, and a special shout to Nilesh who has been extremely supportive.
I registered my LLP company, from eBizfilling. Great team and very competitive pricing. Will definitely use their services again.Thanks for work well done.