GST on car for personal use
GST on car for personal use.
Vehicles for personal use such as motor cars, motor vehicles and even bicycles feature GST ranging from 5% to 12%.
GST rate applicable to vehicles is 5% on carriages (motorized/non-motorized) for use by disabled persons. The same 5% GST rate also applies to parts/accessories of carriages for use by disabled people.
This rate was introduced at the 31st GST Council Meeting held in December 2018.
Table of Content
12% GST on cars and other vehicles
- Vehicles that are driven by electric motors (including 2 and 3 wheelers)
- Vehicles driven by fuel cells including hydrogen fuel cell technology
- Bicycles and other non-motorized cycles including delivery tricycles as well as their parts and accessories
- Hand propelled vehicles such as rickshaws, hand carts, etc. as well as animal drawn vehicles
18% GST on cars and other vehicles
- Cars for physically handicapped people (subject to specific terms and conditions)
- Baby carriages and its replacement parts
28% GST on cars and other vehicles
- Motor vehicles (petrol or diesel) for the transport of people including racing cars and station wagons irrespective of size*.
- Motorcycles and mopeds with or without sidecars
- Parts and accessories of motorcycles/moped including sidecars
GST is applicable at 28% on cars for private use but the compensation cess may differ based on key factors such as the size of the car’s engine and the length of the car. Such specifications are in line with the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
Make your business GST Compliant. Never lose on GST input credit ever. Obtain your GST Registration
About Ebizfiling -
Easy and Fast Thanks for the Help, Very Nice Services will contact for other services too.
Best service provider for Accounting services.
Loves their services