How to Generate GST (Goods and Service Tax) E-way Bill?
A complete process on “How to generate GST E-way bill on e-way bill Portal?”
An E Waybill is a receipt or document provided by a carrier that contains information and instructions on the shipment of a consignment of goods, such as the name of the consignee, consignor, destination, point of origin, and route. Electronic Way Bill (GST E-way Bill) is a compliance technique in which the person causing the movement of goods uploads pertinent information via a digital interface prior to the start of the movement of goods and generates an e-way bill on the GST (Goods and Service Tax) site.
Table of Content
What is GST (Goods and Service Tax)?
GST stands for goods and service tax. The goods and services tax (GST) is a value-added indirect tax levied on most goods and services sold for domestic consumption. The GST is paid via GST Return by consumers, but it is remitted to the government by the businesses selling the goods and services. In this article, we will be discussing all the GST E-way Bill.
What is GST E-Way Bill?
GST E-Way bill is a GST Return used when goods and services are transported from one place to another. It is a must for the transporter to carry a GST E-Way Bill when moving the goods from one place to another. E-Way Bill stands for the electronic bill also a person registered under GST (Goods and Service Tax) is not allowed to transport goods that exceed INR 50,000 without an E-Way Bill. E Way Bill is generated on waybill gst.gov.in.
Prerequisites of E way Bill Generation
Before delving into the details of the e way generation process, it’s necessary to review a list of documents and credentials that must be in the hands of the person who is about to generate a bill. The following is a list of the same:
- A person should have Billed, Challan, and Invoices that are related to the consignment.
- A person should have an ID in her or his name or that of their establishment on the E-way bill portal.
- If the goods are been transported through the ship, aircraft, or train then documents such as transport document number, transporter ID, and date on the document need to be there with the entity.
- In case goods are transported through roadways there is a need for information such as the transporter ID or vehicle registration number.
The process to generate GST E-way bill through E way Bill Portal
Step 1 – Login to E way bill portal
An entity must input credentials such as Username, Password, and Captcha code while logging in to the E-way bill gateway.
Step 2 – Click on generate new option from E-way bill
On the left-hand side of the dashboard, click ‘Generate New’ under the ‘E-waybill’ option.
Step 3 – Select a particular field that appears on the screen
- If you are a supplier then in that case you need to select “Outward”, if you are a recipient of the consignment then select “Inward”.
- If you select outward then on the screen different options such as Export, Job work, Supply will be displayed and one relevant option needs to be selected.
- If you select Inward then on the screen different options such as Import, Supply, Sales return will be displayed and the one relevant option needs to be selected.
- After the above process is done select the document types.
- Choose the date of challan or invoice or any document, date which is entered should be of past or a present transaction only, future dates will not be allowed.
- After this step enters the details in the form/to depending on whether you are a recipient or a supplier.
- Add all the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section.
- Transporter details such as approximate distance, mode of transport need to be mentioned. Vehicle number or transporter details need to be mentioned in the Transporter details part.
Step 4 – Click on Submit
After clicking on submit, If there are any errors, the system checks the data and then displays an error message. Otherwise, Your e-way bill will be generated, It will be identified by a unique 12-digit number.
The E Way bill requirements are intended to address the flaws in the previous way bill system, which was used under VAT in several states and was a major contributor to checkpoint jams. Furthermore, different states have varied e way bill standards, making compliance more challenging. The GST E Way Bill provisions would provide a consistent e way bill norm that will apply across the country. The physical interface will give place to a digital one, allowing for speedier commodities movement. It will very certainly enhance vehicle turnaround times and assist the logistics business by boosting average distances traveled, decreasing expenses and travel time.
Make your business GST Compliant. Never lose on GST input credit ever. Obtain your GST Registration Online.
About Ebizfiling -
Great work done by the Ebizfiling team. Good luck for the future.
They are very quick when it comes to processing things. Within no time I was given a solution to my problems. Would definitely recommend them.
Very cooperative Team.