How to apply for GST and PAN for a Partnership Firm?
Partnership firms in India can be formed by anyone either by written or oral agreement. Under this agreement, two or more people agree to share the profits earned through the business which is run by all partner or any one of them. For the purpose of Income Tax, partnership firms are required to submit a partnership deed as proof of its existence. Along with this, a PAN card application is also required. In this article we have discussed Procedure for PAN application and GST registration of a partnership Firm.
Table of Content
How to apply for PAN for a Partnership Firm?
Procedure for Application of PAN
- Online application of PAN can be made on the NSDL website OR UTIITSL website.
- Submit the PAN card application Form 49A available on the NSDL.
- Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, demand draft or net-banking.
- Once the application and payment are accepted, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL.
- In case of Partnership Firm, partnership deed needs to be sent along with application to NSDL.
- Upon the receipt of documents, PAN application is processed by NSDL and PAN is issued.
Procedure for Registration of Partnership Firm under GST
Any Companies or Firm or person buying or selling goods or providing services have to register themselves under Goods and Services Tax (GST) to avail the benefits of input tax credit.
How to apply for GST Number for a Partnership Firm?
- Login to the GST Online Portal
- Fill up Form Part-A (PAN, Mobile No., and E-mail)
- The Portal verifies your detail by OTP/E-mail
- Upload the required documents
- Access and fill in Part B using received number
- You will get the Application Reference Number
- The GST Officer starts verifying your documents
- The GST Officer either rejects or accepts your application within 7 working days
- If any explanation is required you need to produce the documents required
- After all the clarifications GSTN number is allotted to you
Documents required for GST Registration of Partnership Firm:
- Photos of all Partners
- PAN Card of all Partners
- Aadhar Card of all Partners
- PAN Card of the Partnership Firm
- Proof of Constitution of Business (Partnership deed)
- Proof of Principle place of business (Anyone – Electricity Bill/Rent or Lease agreement/Latest Bank Statement – Not less than 2 months old)
- Letter of Authority in favor of any Partner
- Once the application is filed, an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be generated to track the status of application
- Once the application is approved by the Tax Officer, the Certificate of Registration is generated online
Register Partnership Firm with Ebizfiling at affordable prices
About Ebizfiling -
I would give 5 stars to Ebizfiling for everything. Service, Professionalism, Dedication, Timely Action and Good Pricing.