What is Director KYC and why you must not ignore it ?
In the backdrop of new MCA guidelines, it is now mandatory to conduct Director KYC in respect of each person who holds Director Identification Number (DIN).
Table of Content
What is DIR 3 KYC?
DIR 3 KYC is a form to be filed by Every director who has been allotted DIN (Director Identification Number). It is mandatory for all the directors irrespective of their status as approved / disqualified. Additionally, DIR-3-KYC-WEB is to be used by the DIN holder who has submitted DIR-3 KYC eform in the previous financial year and no update is required in his details. The due date for DIR 3 KYC E form and DIR 3 KYC WEB would be 30th April of next financial year. To know more in details, please visit All you should know about Director KYC.
Who Should File?
- Every Director who has allotted DIN on or before the end of the financial year
- DIN Status – Approved /Disqualified
What documents are needed to file it?
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Self-Attested PAN
- Self-Attested Aadhaar card (with Mobile number updated)
- Self-Attested Electricity Bill/ Bank statement with present address
- Passport size photograph
- Director Digital Signature
Are there any Government fees for filing it?
No. There are no government fees of filing DIR3 KYC.
I am a foreign director in Indian Company. I don’t hold Aadhar Card. Do I still need to complete DIR 3 KYC Procedure?
Yes. If you are holding a DIN, it is mandatory that you file your DIR3 KYC. List of documents will be same as above (except Aadhar).
What are the consequences if form is not filed on or before the due date?
- If the same is filed after the due date, penalty of Rs. 5,000/- shall be levied by Ministry. This is a mandatory penalty and can not be avoided.
- The DIN shall be deactivated. This means that you are disqualified to act as a director in any company.
Latest update in filing of DIR 3 KYC E-Form / Web:
Earlier in April 2020, MCA had introduced Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020. where if the DIN holders who had failed to file E-Form DIR 3 KYC or DIR 3 KYC web in any of the previous year, and whose status showed as “Deactivated”, could file their DIR-3KYC / DIR-3KYC-Web / ACTIVE as the case may be without any filing fee of INR 5000 / INR 10000 respectively. The last day for the same was 30th September, 2020 which later was extended till 31st December, 2020.
Further Update on DIR 3 KYC
- MCA notified that the last date for filing DIR-3 KYC for Financial year 2019-20 has expired on 31st December 2020.
- The process of deactivating the non-compliant DINs is in progress and will be completed shortly.
- Please note that web service DIR-3 KYC shall not be available for filing during the pendency of this activity.
- Filing of DIR-3 KYC can be made after completion of the scheduled activity, as above, when the service is made available on the portal after payment of applicable fees.
- Also, note that all the late filings of the DIR 3 KYC shall now be done with the penalty of INR 5000/-.
- Stakeholders may kindly note and plan accordingly.
Do not wait till the last moment! Act now. Stay compliant and avoid disqualification and penalties by filing in time. EbizFiling will make it easy and seamless for you to be KYC compliant at MCA.
DIR 3 KYC
File your DIR 3 KYC on time with Ebizfiling.com and avoid penalties.
About Ebizfiling -
Ebiz Filling team did all filling conveniently, team is flexible, approachable. I highly recommend EbizFilling to startups like for all financial services.