How can small businesses deal with GST Compliance?
January 23, 2023
GST Compliance for Small Businesses: How can small businesses deal with GST Compliance?
Table of Content
Small and medium-sized businesses are regarded as the Indian economy’s backbone, contributing significantly to export, GDP, job creation, and inclusive growth. They may believe that the cost of compliance has risen significantly as a result of GST. The post-independence Goods and Services Tax was the country’s most significant tax reform since its inception. Both businesses and consumers face some challenges. This article will provide you with information on “How can small businesses deal with GST compliance?”, the Reason for difficulties in maintaining GST Compliance, and the GST Compliance checklist for a taxpayer.
Insights on GST Compliance for Small Business
The majority of small businesses are abandoning GST because they are unable to reduce GST compliance costs. The government has made some changes to the compliance section for small business owners; however, there are some issues for traders who follow the government’s procedures. The government increased the GST registration threshold limit from INR 20 lakh to INR 40 lakh per annum turnover in the 32nd GST council meeting. The reason for this is that extending the threshold limit appears to be the government now providing relief to small business owners; however, they may also consider the cost input in the compliance procedure to be an additional burden.
GST Compliance Checklist for a Taxpayer
The GST compliance checklist can be divided into three categories:
- Return Filing compliances
- Registration related compliances
- Tax invoice compliances
Many other requirements vary according to the type of business. Contact Ebizfiling to learn more about them in depth.
Difficulties that small businesses face in maintaining GST compliance
- A lack of appropriate tools: Many small businesses fail to meet the GST compliance standards because they do not generate, maintain, or record invoices that can help them meet their obligations. Get in touch with our team if you need a customised GST solution for compliance.
- Financial constraints: Small businesses have smaller budgets, and as a result of financial constraints, new businesses frequently make mistakes in allocating appropriate accounting resources. A well-trained accountant is required, or you can outsource cost-effective accounting services.
- Software upgradation: For compliance, many businesses use accounting software or ERPs. Businesses will also need to change their ERPs as a result of the GST transition. The software must be upgraded, or the new GST-compliant software must be purchased.
- Inadequate professional knowledge: One of the most obvious reasons why small businesses struggle with GST compliance is a lack of professional expertise in taxation matters.
How can small businesses deal with GST Compliance?
- Integration of receipts and payment gateways – You can provide receipts to customers as well as reconcile multiple payments made against invoices. To automate invoicing and receipt generation, ledgers can be quickly integrated with any type of payment gateway.
- Financial statements – You can generate and send account statements to clients in seconds, view customer-specific accounts receivables, and overdue invoices, and send payment reminders with payment links. Create supplier account statements that include the details of the purchases, payments made, and payables.
- Instructor for Tax Software – The company can also try to contact professionals from the tax software company from which it receives accounting and GST software services. The professional may attempt to brief on the procedure for using the GST software while also clearing up any confusion about the filing of return forms.
- Integration of receipts and payment gateways – You can provide receipts to customers as well as reconcile multiple payments made against invoices. Ledgers can be quickly integrated with any type of payment gateway to automate invoicing and receipt generation.
- Trainer for Tax Software – The company can also try to contact professionals from the tax software company from which it receives accounting and GST software services. The professional may attempt to brief on the procedure for using the GST software while also clearing up any confusion about the filing of return forms.
Except for those specifically exempted, GST is levied on all supplies of goods and services made in India. Imports into India are also subject to GST. By following the article and these tips, you can ensure that you have accurate records, lowering your GST compliance costs. Businesses that use these methods can reduce the cost of GST compliance while also freeing up resources to invest in other areas of their business.
File Your GST Return
Get your GST return filings done through experts in Ebizfiling
Christopher07 Aug 2020
EbizFiling helped us with our Indian subsidiary company formation from start to finish. The customer service, knowledge, technical know how and communication was amazing. The delivery of services were timely and as per schedule. Thanks team and congratulations on the job well done. I recommend EbizFiling to any local or international company that wants to start operations in Incredible India.
Kunal Undirwade04 Apr 2022
I registered my company from Ebizfilling. I have had a great experience with them. Their services and work are very beautiful and understandable to everyone. At first I thought that these people would work or not and I was skeptical about how they would work properly. But here I was very much assisted by Divya Gehlot and Madam Sejal. I am very happy with the service / help provided by them and I wish them success in their endeavors. Also my best wishes to the entire Ebizfilling team
Abdul Shukkoor29 Mar 2022
100% we can trust Ebiz Filing for a business setup as i was relaxed during my company registration "Zaabi Kids Wear Private Limited" and now my dream become reality. Thank you all of EbizFiling for your Team work and your effort and really appreciate it
March 25, 2023 By Pallavi Dadhich
All about “Highlights of 49th GST Council Meeting” Introduction The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addressed the media at the conclusion of the 49th GST Council meeting, which took place in New Delhi on 18th February, Saturday afternoon. The meeting […]
March 24, 2023 By Pallavi Dadhich
GST- Recent Challenges and Problems Introduction The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax that was introduced in India on 1st July 2017. It replaced multiple taxes such as central excise duty, service tax, value-added tax, etc., with […]
March 23, 2023 By Team Ebizfiling
Understanding GST for freelancers in India Introduction GST is a tax that is levied on the supply of goods and services in India, and it replaced several other indirect taxes such as VAT, excise duty, and service tax. As a […]