Does GST Is Included or Not Included On The Sales Price or MRP Products?
As per Section 15 of the CSGT act, the value of a supply of goods or services or both shall be the transaction value, which is the price actually paid or payable for the said supply of goods or services or both where the supplier and the recipient of the supply are not related and the price is the sole consideration for the supply.
The value of supply shall include–
- Any taxes, duties, cesses, fees, and charges levied if charged separately by the supplier;
- Any amount that the supplier is liable to pay in relation to such supply but which has been incurred by the recipient of the supply and not included in the price actually paid or payable for the goods or services or both;
- Incidental expenses, including commission and packing, charged by the supplier to the recipient of a supply and any amount charged for anything done by the supplier in respect of the supply of goods or services or both at the time of, or before delivery of goods or supply of services;
- Interest or late fee or penalty for delayed payment of any consideration for any supply; and
- Subsidies directly linked to the price excluding subsidies provided by the Central Government and State Governments.
The value of the supply shall not include any discount which is given–
- before or at the time of the supply if such discount has been duly recorded in the invoice issued in respect of such supply; and,
- after the supply has been affected, if—
- such discount is established in terms of an agreement entered into at or before the time of such supply and specifically linked to relevant invoices; and,
- input tax credit as is attributable to the discount on the basis of the document issued by the supplier has been reversed by the recipient of the supply. Value of taxable supply.
Where the value of the supply of goods or services or both cannot be determined under sub-section (1), the same shall be determined in such manner as may be prescribed.
About Ebizfiling -
EbizFiling is a concept that emerged with the progressive and intellectual mindset of like-minded people. It aims at delivering the end-to-end incorporation, compliance, advisory, and management consultancy services to clients in India and abroad in all the best possible ways.
To know more about our services and for a free consultation, get in touch with our team on email@example.com or call 9643203209.
May 29, 2023 By Pallavi Dadhich
All about VAT on Transfer of Assets Introduction The transfer of assets is a common occurrence in business transactions. The transfer of assets can take many forms, including the sale of assets, the transfer of ownership, or the transfer of […]
May 29, 2023 By Pallavi Dadhich
Important Parts of New VAT Audit Form – 704 Introduction In the realm of taxation, regular audits play a crucial role in ensuring compliance and transparency. For businesses operating under the Sales Tax Act, it is essential to understand the […]
May 20, 2023 By Pallavi Dadhich
Process to file E-application for MVAT Registration Introduction The Maharashtra Value Added Tax Act, 2002 (MVAT) imposes a tax on the sale of goods in the state of Maharashtra. Under this act, it is mandatory for dealers to electronically apply […]