Table of Content
Everything About GST Registration of a Private Limited Company
While many businesses have enrolled/migrated to GST, many are yet to register the same. Registration of any business entity under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique GST number from the concerned tax authority for the purpose of collecting tax on behalf of the government and to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on the inward supplies.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of GST Registration for a Private limited company.
Documents required for GST Registration for Private Limited Company:
The following documents must be submitted by persons or entities applying for GST registration.
- PAN card of the company
- Registration Certificate of the company
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) /Articles of Association (AOA)
- PAN card, photograph and aadhar card of all Directors
- Bank details- a copy of canceled cheque or bank statement
- Proof of appointment of authorized signatory- letter of authorization
- Address proof of Principal place of business and additional place of business-
Own office – Copy of electricity bill/landline bill/ water bill/ municipal khata copy/ property tax receipt and in case of Rented office – Rent agreement and No objection certificate (NOC) from the owner
The Process of GST Registration for Private Limited Company:
Any Companies or Firm or person buying or selling goods or providing services have to register themselves under Goods and Services Tax (GST) to avail the benefits of input tax credit.
- Login to the GST Online Portal
- Fill up Form Part-A (PAN, Mobile No., and E-mail)
- The Portal verifies your detail by OTP/E-mail
- Upload the required documents
- Access and fill in Part B using received number
- You will get the Application Reference Number
- The GST Officer starts verifying your documents
- The GST Officer either rejects or accepts your application within 7 working days.
- In case of any further proofs or clarifications required, one must provide the same.
- After all the clarifications GSTN number shall be allotted to you.
As GST registration is a completely online process you can your GST Number for your Private Limited Company from anywhere across India through Ebizfiling.com
The procedure for GST registration of an OPC is almost the same.
Suggested read: Benefits of GST registration
EbizFiling.com is a motivated and progressive firm managed by like-minded people. It helps a variety of small, medium and large businesses to cater to all compliance requirements of Indian Laws.
Get in touch for a free consultation on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9643203209 in case of any queries.