All About filing the Form MGT 7
Table of Content
Keeping in view of various requests received from various stakeholders, the MCA has granted the relaxation on levy of additional fees for Annual Financial Statement filings required to be done for the Financial Year 2021-22. The ministry of Corporate Affairs has extended the due date for filing of e-forms AOC 4, AOC 4(CFS), AOC 4 XBRL, AOC 4 Non-XBRL till 15.02.2022 and MGT 7/MGT 7A for the Financial Year 2021-22 till 28.02.2021.
What is Form MGT 7?
- Form MGT-7 must be filed by all companies registered in India every year.
- It is an electronic form provided by the Ministry of Affairs to all the corporations in order to fill their annual return details
Due date of filing the Form MGT 7
- The due date for filing MGT-7 is 60 days from the date of Annual General Meeting.
- The due date for conducting annual general meeting is on or before the 30th September following the end of a financial year.
- Hence, the due date for filing form MGT-7 is normally the 29th of November.
Penalty for not filing the MGT 7
- The penalty for not filing the annual report has been remarkably increased in 2018 to Rs. 100 (Rupees Hundred) per day of default.
- Hence, it should be ensured that the annual return in this form is filed before the due date.
From where the form can be downloaded?
The Form MGT 7 can be downloaded from the MCA portal from annual E-filing category.
Particulars to be filled in the Form MGT 7
Following particulars of details will have to be filled in:
- The registered office, principal business activities, particulars of its holding, subsidiary and associate companies;
- The shares, debentures and other securities and shareholding pattern of the company;
- Indebtedness of the company;
- The members and debenture-holders along with alterations connected to them since the end of the previous financial year;
- The promoters, directors, key managerial personnel along with alterations connected to them since the close of the previous financial year;
- Meetings of members or a class thereof, Board and its various committees along with attendance details;
- Remuneration of directors and key managerial personnel;
- Penalty or punishment imposed on the company, its directors or officers and details of compounding of offences and appeals made against such penalty or punishment;
- The matters relating to certification of compliances and disclosures as may be prescribed;
- Its Shareholding pattern; and
- Such other matters as required in the form.
Attachments to be enclosed with the Form MGT 7
With the Form MGT 7, following documents would be needed to be attached:
- List of shareholders, debenture holders
- Approval letter for extension of AGM;
- Copy of MGT-8;
- Optional Attachment(s), if any
It is mandatory for all the companies including Private Limited Companies, One Person Companies to file an Annual report in the form MGT 7 And AOC 4. Failing at which might cause you the penalty as per the provisions.
Related Read: All about Form AOC 4
Company Annual Filing
File your company annual filing forms MGT 7 & AOC 4 at affordable prices with Ebizfiling.com
About Ebizfiling -
These guys deliver on their promise..