What is Food License / FSSAI License?
The FSSAI stands for Food Standards and Safety Authority of India, which is the supreme authority responsible for regulating and supervising food safety. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a legal authority that offers a food license to all food business operators (FBO) in India. All the FBOs must follow all the rules and regulations of FSSAI for food quality control.
FSSAI Food License is compulsory License to be obtained before commencing any food business by any legal entity involved in handling food items be it Manufacturing, Repacking, Re-labeling, Storage, Warehousing, Transporting, Supplying, Wholesaling, Marketing (Trading), Retailing, E-commerce (Online sale of food), Exporting, Importing, Catering, Having Canteen, Dhaba, Restaurants, Hotels etc. Food Handlers are called Food Business Operators FBO in FSSAI.
Why is it necessary to get a Food license / FSSAI license?
- The food License Registration certificate is required to run a food product business.
- the FBOs with a Food License have an added benefit of a solid and loyal customer base.
- On getting the certificate, you can use the FSSAI logo to enhance sales and goodwill.
- An FSSAI Registration or License will help in the process of applying for and getting bank loans that boost your business growth.
- Obtaining a license can provide the food business with legal benefits.
- It also helps in business expansion.
- The important aspects of hygiene and cleanliness are regulated and followed when FSSAI registration is involved.
- FSSAI license is important for exporting food products to other countries.
- The expense in getting the food license is tiny as compared to the penalties that can get imposed upon for not going by the law.
Penalties for non Compliance of FSSAI standards:
Validity for FSSAI License:
- FSSAI licenses issued to food businesses are valid for a period of 1 to 5 years as chosen by the Food Business Operator.
- It is mandatory to apply for license renewal 30 days before the expiry of the existing license.
- Non-renewal of licenses can fetch a fine of Rs.100 per day until the renewal is done .
- Any lapse in renewal within the stipulated date can result in the old license becoming deactivated and businesses will have to apply for a fresh license.
Why Ebizfiling as your service Provider for getting a FSSAI / Food License?
Ebizfiling is a group of intellectuals. The entire team of Ebizfiling consists of Highly qualified CA, CS, Lawyers and business administrators. Ebizfiling would be a one stop destination for your Food FSSAI License. At Ebizfiling, We provide services like Import Export Code Registration, GST registration, DIN registration, Trademark registration, GST / Income tax return filing and many more. You may get in touch with our compliance manager on 09643203209 or email email@example.com for free consultation and to know more about the services provided by us.